Perfect Age Drip
Supplying our cells with antioxidants and essential micronutrients is crucial for healthy ageing. Mature skin requires special attention and support to maintain elasticity and firmness. By targeting specific building blocks like L-Proline and L-Lysine, collagen synthesis can be supported.
What is L-Proline?
L-Proline is an amino acid, which is one of the building blocks of proteins in the body. Amino acids are essential for various physiological processes, including the formation of proteins, enzymes, and other molecules crucial for overall health.
L-Proline is a non-essential amino acid, which means that the body can synthesize it on its own. However, it can also be obtained through dietary sources. It plays a significant role in the structure and function of proteins and tissues within the body.
Some key functions and roles of L-Proline include:
- Collagen Formation: L-Proline is particularly important for the formation of collagen, which is a major component of connective tissues, such as skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessel walls. Collagen provides structural support and helps maintain the integrity of these tissues.
- Wound Healing: Collagen is essential for proper wound healing. L-Proline contributes to the synthesis of collagen, which aids in tissue repair and regeneration after injuries.
- Skin Health: Due to its involvement in collagen formation, L-Proline is often associated with maintaining healthy skin. Collagen helps keep the skin firm, elastic, and youthful in appearance.
- Joint Health: Collagen is also a component of cartilage, the flexible tissue that cushions joints and supports their movement. L-Proline’s role in collagen synthesis is crucial for joint health and mobility.
- Cardiovascular Health: L-Proline is involved in the synthesis of collagen in blood vessel walls, contributing to the maintenance of their strength and elasticity. This can have positive effects on overall cardiovascular health.
- Immune System Support: Amino acids like L-Proline play roles in immune system function, as they are involved in the production of antibodies and immune-related molecules.
- Neurotransmitter Production: L-Proline is also involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, which are chemical messengers that transmit signals between nerve cells in the brain.
What is L-Lysine?
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid, meaning that it cannot be synthesized by the human body and must be obtained through the diet or supplements. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and play crucial roles in various physiological processes.
L-Lysine serves several important functions in the body:
- Protein Synthesis: Like other amino acids, L-Lysine is involved in the synthesis of proteins. It is incorporated into proteins during the process of protein formation.
- Tissue Repair and Growth: L-Lysine is important for tissue repair and growth. It is involved in the formation of collagen, a structural protein that is essential for the health of skin, bones, tendons, and other connective tissues.
- Immune System Support: L-Lysine has been studied for its potential role in supporting the immune system. It is believed to aid in the production of antibodies and other immune-related molecules.
- Antiviral Properties: L-Lysine has been investigated for its potential to inhibit the replication of certain viruses, particularly the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Some research suggests that supplementing with L-Lysine may help reduce the frequency and severity of herpes outbreaks.
- Calcium Absorption: L-Lysine may play a role in promoting the absorption of calcium from the digestive tract. This can be important for maintaining bone health.
- Carnitine Production: L-Lysine is involved in the synthesis of carnitine, a compound that plays a role in energy production and the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are metabolized for energy.
- Collagen Formation: Similar to its role in tissue repair, L-Lysine is also important for the formation of collagen, which provides structural support to various tissues in the body.
L-Lysine can be found in a variety of protein-rich foods, including meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, eggs, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Some individuals may choose to take L-Lysine supplements, especially if they have specific dietary restrictions or health conditions that affect their lysine intake.
L-Lysine supplements are often used by individuals seeking to support their immune system, promote skin health, or manage herpes outbreaks. As with any supplement, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before adding L-Lysine or any other supplement to your routine, especially if you have underlying health conditions or are taking other medications.
How does the Perfect Age Drip work?
Working towards optimal skin ageing; the ‘Perfect Age’ infusion combines all the necessary amino acids and micronutrients to support cell regeneration and achieve a flawless ageing process.
Improved Blood Circulation
L-Arginine, a vital amino acid, not only supports our immune system but also boosts the release of growth hormones, contributing to cell regeneration. L-Arginine widens blood vessels, enhancing organ oxygenation. Together with Citrulline, orthinine, and Aspartic Acid. This Amino Acid stimulates lover detoxification. Embrace this infusion for better circulation and a revitalising effect on your body.
Detox & Antioxidants
Our infusion includes Glycine, essential for liver detoxification, and Taurine for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. L-Carnosine, a powerful antioxidant, fights off harmful substances. It can boost skin elasticity, firmness, and delay the effects of aging. Enjoy the benefits of these infusions for a glowing, youthful appearance.
L-Lysine and L-Proline are crucial for collagen synthesis, appearing frequently in the peptide chain sequence. They act as precursors for hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, providing structure and stability to collagen fibres. These Amino Acids play a vital role in promoting healthy, string skin. Embrace the power of collagen-building infusions for a radiant and resilient complexion.
Contact the team at Ocean Clinic today for a consultation and more information on our aesthetic beauty treatments.