GALLERY - Please select a procedure from the left menu to see before / after photos
SCAR CORRECTIONWhat is Scar Correction?
Testimonial of R. M. I. - 2008
I am 46 years old and 1 year ago I had a tummy tuck operation done at another clinic here in Marbella. The result was just horrible and I went through a really bad time for one year before I felt ready to look for a new doctor and have it redone properly. I also had a breast lift done some years ago and the scars and the symmetry were not nice so I decided to have this corrected at the same time.
What was so horrible about your first tummy tuck operation?
- When they opened the dressing for the first time, 1 week after the operation, I saw that my belly button was completely deformed and the tummy tuck scar was far from being straight or symmetrical, it literally went in all directions. Furthermore, the stitches in the middle of the scar were distended leaving a small hole! I was totally upset and in tears, after seeing me like this, the only thing this doctor said, was to calm down. I was then left alone with a nurse to change the dressing. When he came back, he said everything would heal perfectly fine, that I should not worry and that he would prescribe me a tranquilizer! I was out of words, I really lost all my trust in him that day.
After such a long time, what made you seek advice from Dr. Kaye?
- When I went back to the old clinic after 1 year with this really deformed and ugly scar, the treating surgeon said he would fix it in 20 min with some local anaesthetic only. But I had a feeling that what he said was not possible because the whole design was wrong, and so I went to see Dr. Kaye who explained to me that it had to be redone completely to achieve a satisfactory aesthetic result. After knowing now that they spent 3 hours on it and seeing the perfect result, I know that my first feeling was just right!
What was the reason why you finally made the decision to have the correction done by Dr. Kaye?
- Dr. Kaye explained the procedure in every detail to me and ensured me that with the techniques they were using the recovery would be fast and nearly painless. I had been to several doctors before trying to decide whom to choose, but ever since I came to Dr. Kaye I had a feeling of confidence. The first consultation was very extensive, and I found it quite scientific and professional, how they analyzed the defects, made measurements and explained the necessary steps to achieve the result I wanted. It made me feel totally relaxed.
After having gone through this procedure twice, what were the main differences you experienced during the second time?
- First of all, from the moment I arrived at the clinic on the day of the operation I had the feeling that they really do care- not only about the technical part of the operation, but also about you! The second thing that really amazed me was the postoperative period: After the first operation I was in much pain, I had to take large amounts of painkillers and could not move at all. After this second operation, where they lifted almost the same amount of skin, corrected the belly button and additionally corrected the breasts, I had absolutely no pain at all and almost no swelling and bruising.
How did you feel when you saw the result for the first time and are you happy with it?
- Oh, I was just so happy; I really did not expect such excellent results in such a short time. When they changed the dressing I could already see the perfect symmetry of the scar and the pleasant form of the belly button, so it was the first time that I really started to feel absolutely calm after over a year. Furthermore, today it is only 2 weeks after the surgery and the little swelling I had there is almost completely gone and the scar is a perfect fine line, almost invisible.
After your personal experience could you imagine having another procedure performed or recommending Ocean Clinic to your friends?
- Yes, definitely. I have already told all my friends how amazing and caring this clinic is and one has already scheduled for an operation with them. I was so fed up mentally with doctors and clinics that I really was on the verge of feeling depressive, but now I have already scheduled for some facial rejuvenation.
Thank you very much for this interview, R.